05/01/2014

What's In My Makeup Bag!



Hello Girlies,
I wasn't sure what to do for this post but I thought a "What's In My Makeup Bag" post would be perfect for the fist one and so I can share with you what products I use on a daily basis and share my thoughts on the products. So ... lets get get straight into it! 


Face Products
 



St. Tropez Instant Tan Face & Body Lotion: around £7.00

I first got this fake tan in a magazine a while ago and I use it as a base for my make up by applying a thin layer to my face with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I always use fake tan and find that the tan always comes off my face or parts of it when I wash, so I find it's easier to just apply wash off fake tan to my face everyday. This means I don't have to worry if my fake tan looks patchy! I do like this product as its easy to blend and gives me a glowey golden glow.  However, I won't re-purchase as I want to try foundation instead.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer: £6.99

I have this in the colour sand and I use this concealer to cover up my under-eye circles. I only apply it to the inner corners of my eye then blend out with my fingers making sure I'm blending down my face rather than across my eye as that only enhances the dark circles. I find using fingers gives the best effect as the fingers warm the product so it sinks into the skin rather than just sitting on top and looking mucky and cakey (which is never a good look!). The concealer does crease under my eyes but I find if I pat over the product again it blends and doesn't crease after. I apply this concealer before I apply the fake tan to my skin as it gives a more wide-awake look.

Benefit Sugarbomb Blush:  £23.50

I use this blush as it gives my cheeks a beautiful glow, I apply it lightly along my cheek bones to add a bit of colour and to brighten up my complexion. I really like this blush as not only is it so pretty but it will last forever! I've had this blush for a year and I'm no where near hitting pan. I apply it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush as the brush applies it lightly and blends it beautifully, I'm hoping to get the Real Techniques Blush Brush as I think it will work better and I've heard so many good things about it. I love how this blush includes four colours: a pretty lilac shade, a beautiful pink shade, a peach shade and a coral shade.  You can mix two, three or all the colours together or use the separate colours. I find swirling the brush around all four of the colours gives the best effect.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: around £3.00

I have the powder in the shade translucent so when applied to my skin it doesn't look cakey and I'm not adding more coverage to my skin. I only apply this under my eyes as it works really well to set the concealer and I like my skin to have a pretty glow rather than be matte. I use a small Eco Tools fluffy brush as it applies just the right amount of product. The powder is long lasting and keeps the concealer on all day especially when I apply my Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath the concealer. It's also so cheap so I think so its definitely worth checking out. 

Too Faced Candlelight Powder: £25.00

I love this powder.  It's a translucent powder and contains a subtle gold shimmer that gives the skin a natural glow without being too obvious or "in your face". I use it to set my face make-up as it doesn't mattify the skin, it illuminates it. The powder is expensive, however, I think it's worth it as it will last forever. I find buying expensive powder products is always better than buying cheaper ones because the quality is superior and the powders can last years where as drugstore powders can sometimes only last 2 - 3 months. I wouldn't recommend this powder if you don't like to have glowy skin but if you do then you should definitely check it out!

Too Faced Candlelight Glow Powder: £25.00

This is a highlighting powder and it's stunning! There is a pink shimmery side and a gold shimmery side so you have the choice between the two colours or you can swirl your brush between the shades and add a beautiful sheen to your face. The highlighter is so pigmented you don't need to apply a lot to the cheeks to add a glow. I love this powder. I use it on the tops of my cheek bones, above and below my brow bone and on my cupids bow as it gives the most beautiful glow to my skin. A little goes a long way with this product!

Benefit Whole Lotta Lovin' Forever Flattering Make up kit: £25.00
I received this as a gift from my brother for Christmas and I love it! The kit includes:

• limited edition they're real! mini
• limited edition boi-ing in 02
• limited edition hoola
• limited edition longwear powder eyeshadow in nude swings, kiss me, i’m tipsy, it’s complicated
• limited edition creaseless cream eyeshadow mini in no pressure!
• limited edition concealer brush
• limited edition talent brush/fluff shadow brush

I currently use the mini hoola with my Real Techniques Powder Brush to warm up my face, the concealer for blemishes and the mascara. I love little kits like these as you can create looks with just one little kit without having to have tons of products. 


Eye Products 



Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil:  £2.00 

I like this eyebrow pencil as it's super cheap and really easy to  use, It comes with a brow brush on the lid so you can soften the colour to make the eyebrows look more natural. I just softly fill in my brows with the pencil then brush through with the brow brush. I've recently discovered that using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder over my brows helps them last longer rather than using a gel which makes my brows stiff. 

Miss Sporty Mascara: £2.99

I use this mascara as a base for my eyelashes before applying my mascara. Before I used the Elf Mascara Primer which was amazing but as I haven't got round to buying it again I've been using this mascara as a primer instead. It separates my lashes and adds length, I also sometimes use it to set my brows when I know I'm going to be out for a long period of time. It doesn't make my eyebrows stiff and crispy, it just coats then lightly and acts as a barrier so the eyebrow pencil doesn't fade on my brows.

Urban Decay Primer Potion: £8.00

I use this to prime my lids before applying my concealer, I also apply to underneath my eyes to help the concealer stay put. This is a really good primer and really does help eye shadows stay on the lids.

LO'real Super Liner £6.49

I switch between this eyeliner and another one. This eyeliner is so glossy which I love, it adds a bit of glamour to an everyday eyeliner look and it's so easy to use. You just shake the product and use the felt-tip to create either a winged eyeliner or any other eyeliner look,  The liner comes out quite thick but it's easy to just spread the excess product across the eye. It dries in the perfect amount of time, not too quick so you can't spread the liner and not too long so you have to wait a while before applying mascara. I would recommend this eyeliner to anybody!

Bourjois Liner Feutre £6.99

I also love this eyeliner. I use this eyeliner more than the other one as I love the effect it gives. The eyeliner dries matte so it's perfect for a simple everyday look. It almost looks like you've applied a khol pencil instead of a liquid liner which I love. It's also easy to use as it's like a felt-tip like the other liner. I like switching between a matte and glossy eyeliner because I can create different looks. 

Maybelline Liner Express Eyeliner £2.99

I like this eyeliner. I don't love it but it does the job and it's cheap. It's easy and soft to apply and it looks great under the eye when you blend the liner with a cotton bud as it creates a smokey look which I love. The liner stays on for quite some time but the colour does fade to grey throughout the day which annoys me so I'm still on the hunt for a perfect kohl eyeliner!


 Brushes




I won't go on for ages about the brushes I use as I've basically already mentioned what they are and what I use them for and lets face it... Everyone already knows how good the Real Technique Brushes are so I don't need to babble on about them!
I currently own three Real Technique Brushes: Expert Face Brush, Powder Brush and the Stipple Brush. These brushes are amazing and I use them daily, I am definitely going to add to my collection and hopefully will soon own all the Real Technique Brushes. I also use the small Eco Tools Fluffy Brush every day, it's small so it's easy to carry around and the brush is of amazing quality. I've had this brush for years and it hasn't shedded once which is so good for a brush. I would definitely check out the Eco Tools brushes as not a lot of people talk about them but they are amazing and good value for money. 


I hope you enjoyed my "What's in my makeup bag?" post. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what your views are on them. 

love brittany x

6 comments:

  1. Great products ! Love those real techniques brushes ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! :) same, I'm hoping to get the eyeshadow set next. I also want to try the dupes on ebay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love real technique brushes! Trying to find your follow button on here but could only see your blogloving link? http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! :)
    i haven't quite worked out how to do it yet :/ do you not have bloglovin? i can try and add the gadget now :)
    ill check out your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get the primer potion, think it looks amazing!

    daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really good, i've heard elfs eyeshadow primer is amazing as well!
      ill check out your blog xx

      Delete