07/01/2014

My Current Fake Tanning Routine!







Hey Girlies,
I am obsessed with fake tan and I always wear it, I've been applying it every two to three days now for the last six months so I'm kind of addicted now and seeing my pale skin just depresses me now. I would love to suit pale skin and on some girls it looks beautiful but I personally don't think it suits me. I prefer myself with a bit of a bronzed glow! hehe. I love fake tan because It makes me look healthier, brings my eyes out and makes me look skinnier! Its so weird how much difference fake tan can make to you and to your confidence, I feel so much better when I have fake tan on. First I'll be showing you the products, where to find them and what my thoughts are on them then I'll be going through my actual routine. Enjoy!


First off I'll talk about the tools I use :/ I don't what else to call them!





St Tropez tanning mitt
I use this mitt and I love, I didn't want to show the other side as its too grubby! I wash it after every use then just leave on the side to dry naturally. I've had this mitt for about two months and it was only £5.00. Before I used just normal gloves but they didn't work for me at all. This tanning mitt helps the tan glide across my skin and makes the tan look so even. Its perfect! You can get this tanning mitt from superdrug and boots.

Soap and Glory exfoliating gloves

I got these for Christmas as part of my present from my boyfriend and I love them! They don't irritate my skin when I use them and my skin doesn't come up with rashes like it used to with other exfoliating gloves. There perfect and I love that there so easy to slip on and come off. You can get these glove from boots.

Just a Flannel

I just use a normal flannel to go over the tan on my ankles, hands and elbows to pick up any residue tan and make sure there not darker than the other parts of my body. You can also use baby wipes but I've ran out so I'm using a flannel instead. You can get a flannel from anywhere basically haha.

Now the moisturizers.




Sugar Crush body butter cream

I love this body butter, it feels amazing on the skin and smells so good! After I apply it the smell lingers in the air for ages and I can still smell it on my skin through out the day. I use this to apply to dry areas and sometimes use it to maintain my tan. You can buy this from boots.




Garnier Hydra Lock body lotion

I really like this body lotion to use before applying fake tan and maintaining it. its not too thick and nourishing but its not a light moisturizer either. I love how it smells either, I can't describe the smell but I think its quite fresh. It soaks into my skin easily and gives a nice glow to my body. You can get this from supermarkets, superdrug and boots. 





Nivea body lotion

I've already done a post on this so I won't go on about it but I love it and I use it for my face before applying fake tan. You can buy this body lotion from boots, superdrug and supermarkets. 



What I use in the shower to prep


Sugar Crush body scrub
I really like this scrub, its gentle on the skin and leaves the skin feeling so smooth.

I also use a shower gel after, I always change my shower gel and forget to take a picture of my current one.


The fake tan I use



St Tropez tanning mousse

I love this fake tan and always re purchase it. It lasts a long time and when I wash it off, its so even. Even if I apply the tan quickly and messy i know it will be fine when I was it off. This fake tan is amazing. I want to try the lotion and spray one as well. I get this tan from wilkinsons as its the cheapest at £3.00 but you can buy it from anywhere I think.



Palmers gradual tanner in dark

I use this tanner to maintane my tan and apply to face. I'm not a massive fan but it does a good job, the garnier gradual tanner is the best one I've tried!


What I actually do

Firstly I use my exfoliating gloves to buff away dead skin cells. I then use the soap and glory scrub and shave my legs. I then go back to the gloves and use them to apply shower gel just to make sure my skin is extra smooth and all the dead skin is removed. 

I then apply the nivea lotion to my face and use the garnier body lotion all over my body. I Whilst I'm waiting for them to sink in, I pluck my eyebrows and apply vaseline over them and along my hair line, just to make sure the tan doesn't stick to the hair and dye my eyebrows. After the moisturizers have sunk in I apply the soap and glory body butter to the dry areas on my body such as my ankles, knuckles, wrists and elbows. 

I start off by tanning my face. I take my tanning mousse and apply to my mitt. I add a tiny bit of moisturizer to make sure the tan isn't as strong and so it blends easier into my skin because I find its harder to use a tanning mitt on my face. Sometimes I use a foundation after to buff the tan in to make sure its perfect in the morning when I wash it off. 
I then quickly do behind my ears and down my neck.

I use about two pumps on each arm and I blend I use the tan left over on the mitt to tan my hands and fingers. I go over my fingers lightly and go in between the fingers. I make sure the tan is all blended and there are no parts darker than others. To blend the tan I lightly buff it in in circular motions as I find if I press down to hard with the mitt it moves the tan. I also the pat some of the residue onto the arms again just to darken the color and make sure I don't waste any. 

I then apply loads two pumps to neck chest and blend into the top of my back. I don't tan all my body as its cold and nobody's going to notice if my whole body isn't tanned. 

I only apply tan to my the bottom of my legs ankles and feet so it looks like my whole legs are tanned. I always do this, I know its weird but I feel like if I tan all my legs its going to be a waste of product as nobody's going to see my legs. If I just tan my ankles people will assume my whole legs are tanned. 

Finally I get my flannel and go over the dry areas to pick up residue and soften the tan. 

I wash the tan off in the morning and apply my garnier body moisturizer. The night after I use my palmers gradual tanner to maintain it and its much quicker to apply than the mousse. I also use it every night to tan my face as the tan on my face washes off quicker than the rest of my body which is so annoying!

And there, thats my fake tanning routine. I hope you enjoyed reading my post. Let me know what your fake tanning routine is and what products you use. 

love brittany x





2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is actually my first time reading a post about fake tanning! No wonder I didn't do it properly last summer! :O I honestly had no idea that so much preparation went into it! I bought one of the Garnier fake tans, and it was ok-ish, but I had some streaks left on my legs which looked really weird. But now I know why! I'm going to bookmark this post for next summer! Thanks so much! ^_^

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? I never used to do it properly! Yeah you have to prep for it to go right! Its time consuming aswell but its worth it in the end. oh :/ i didnt find i got any streaks. awh thank you :) xx

      Delete