20/01/2014

My Current Favorites



Hey Girlies,
I really love the idea of a current favorites post. I think its such a lovely idea as most of us are really nosy, especially me. I love seeing what products people use and whats in their makeup bag, I find it so exciting and interesting. I could look in girls makeup bags all day! This month I have been trying out a lot of new products. Its wierd, as soon as I started my blog I started looking for things in super drug and boots which I would of over looked before and coming up with all these exciting ideas for posts which I can do for you guys. Before I wasn't really that fussed, I loved makeup but I was more drawn to products which everyone had as I could trust them rather than trying ones which I hadn't heard much about. Now I'm being brave and trying to be different! I'm trying to find products for you guys which no one has really heard about, it could be tricky but I will try my best!

There isn't really a lot of products in my current favorites but my first favorite is the Christina Aguilera Secret Potion perfume. This stuff is gorgeous! I've always wanted my own signature scent and I've been on the hunt for months but its so overwhelming of how many perfumes there are to choose from so I've always kind of been put off. I prefer sweet scents rather than floral or musky scents. I just think they smell so much better and more girly. My brother got me this perfume for Christmas and I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do. I'm not very good at describing scents so I researched some of the top notes to describe the scent so you can get a feel for what it actually smells like: citrus, sweet, white floral, amber, fruity, tropical. The smell doesn't last all that long on the skin, I would say it lasts around a few hours however it seems to cling to clothes for a longer period of time. I find that if I wear it one day and wear the same top the next day the smell will still linger on my top and it smells amazing. I really think this perfume will be my signature scent as I just think its amazing and I'm obsessed with it. Its perfect for everyday. I would reccomend smelling this when you next walk into a perfume shop if you also have a love for sweet scents. 

The second favorite is the Nivea Caramel Creme Lip Butter. I know I just mentioned about how I'm going to try different products and I know this is a mainstream one but I just couldn't resist buying it. My lovely friend Taylor from lipsticksandlavender.blogspot.com has this and I smelt it and I just had to get it. I have the Nivea Raspberry Lip Butter but I lost it and was on the look out for a new lip balm so I bought this. I use this everyday, it makes my lips so soft and I just can't help but apply it every half an hour. I just love how creamy it feels on my lips and the smell is just amazing. I prefer the Caramel Creme Lip Butter to the Raspberry Lip Butter as I'm a sucker for sweet smells. However there both amazing and I couldn't fault them.

Now for my third favorite, the Along Came Betty Dry Hands Lotion.I got a Along Came Betty The Handbag Collection gift set for Christmas and this hand cream was included in the set. The brand is similar to Soap and Glory and a cheaper version. I must say Soap and Glory is much better but the packaging is as pretty and the scents are as divine. This hand cream smells amazing. The scent is peaches and apricots which I love. The hand cream does make my hands soft but its not as nourishing as the Soap and Glory Hand Food hand cream but it is really good and I'm impressed. You can buy Along Came Betty products from your local Tesco and online. You should check out there products as I've heard there makeup is actually really good. 

My final favorite is the She Mist Him body spray also from the gift set I got given for Christmas. The smell is also peaches and apricot so it smells amazing. I use this during the day. I love that the scent of the hand cream and the body spray are the same. I feel like when I use the products at the same time the smell is stronger making it last. I wont re purchase this as I'd like to try some different body sprays but for now I love it and the smell is so nice. The scent lasts a long time which is really good as I didn't think it would. 

I found that basically all my favorites were based on the scents which is good if you guys are like me and obsessed with the smell of products. Let me know if you've tried any of these products and whether you enjoyed them as much as I have.

love brittany x

4 comments:

  1. I have the Raspberry Lip Butter from Nivea but really want to try the caramel crème one, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh really? yes you should, i really want to try the balmi lip balms and the eos ones! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favourites! I used to have the Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Lip Butter, but unfortunately I lost it as well. I haven't spotted the Caramel Creme Lip Butter yet in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thats strange as I haven't seen the vanilla and macadamia one either anywhere around where I live! you could always look online :) x

      Delete