20/03/2014

New In#




It's been a while since I last blogged, sorry about that girlies, but the good news is that during this time I have picked up some amazing new products that I want to share with you.

As you'll see from the picture above, the Naked3 palette is new to my collection! Horror of horrors I dropped it after only 2 days and you can see from the colour Burnout the shadows are easy to break.  I think this is because of the packaging, which I was disappointed in.  To me it looks cheap and does not protect the shadows like the packaging of the first Naked palette does.  The shadows though are amazing and really pigmented apart from the colour Dust which comes out sheer when applied with a brush.  Apart from the packaging, I would recommend this palette as the looks you can create are endless.

Next thing I picked up is the MUA blusher in Bubblegum.  The MUA range is so cheap it's ridiculous! This blusher was £1 and the quality of it is amazing just like their other products including the lipsticks. I would definitely recommend this range to any age as the products are so affordable. I picked up the shade Bubblegum as it looked like a matte shade but when I apply it I can see small specks of shimmer, still its a beautiful colour which can make any skin tone look healthy.

Recently I've become interested in the brand NYC, and bought the Bronzing Face Powder for £2, another bargain!  I've seen reviews on this product for a long time now but have never come across it in the shops, but was pleasantly surprised when I found it in Superdrug.  Its a matte bronzer which is rare to come across with drugstore bronzers, its slightly on the orange side for a bronzer which is a bit disappointing so i would only recommend this bronzer for more of a medium skin toned girl. If you are pale I'd use is sparingly just to add a bit of colour but not too much as you'll end up looking like an oompa loompa!


The next product I am super excited about! Its the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter. This is a beautiful creamy highlighter which blends over my skin like a dream. I hate when highlights make the face look cakey and you can see that you've applied it obviously. I like this highlighter as it looks natural and you can blend it over blusher without it masking it and moving the product which its applied over. Its a bit pricey at £10.00 but its worth it as I reckon you'd get tons of use from it. Thumbs up to the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter!

I used to always pick up the LO'real False Lash Telescopic but its so expensive for a drugstore mascara at £11.99 so I decided to try cheaper mascaras. I picked it up not too long ago with the 3 for 2 offer as it was free! I haven't actually used this yet because I'm using a different mascara at the moment which I will get onto at the moment but this mascara is amazing, it lasts all day and makes my lashes look incredible.

I am so disappointed about the next product I picked up. I have been searching for the Maybelline baby skin primer everywhere and everywhere I look its sold out! So instead of waiting and looking in a different store I  quickly grabbed the SEVENTEEN Flawless Poreless Primer, it was around £6.00 I think. I thought it would do the same thing as the Maybelline one but no, i was wrong. Its in  a weird packaging and comes in a cream form which you obviously use your fingers to swirl around the product and apply onto your skin. This annoyed me as I found I was sitting there for ages going back and forth re applying it to different parts of my skin and I found I needed a lot of it to make my whole face smooth. I also needed to use quite a lot. It did make my face smooth but it didn't help my make up stay on for longer. Don't buy this primer, its a waste of money.

I have also been eyeing up the soap and glory section in boots. I saw the Archery brow tine and precision shaping pencil and picked it up straight away in the shade LOVE IS BLONDE. Its also a bit pricey like the No7 Instant Highlighter at £10.00 but its worth every single penny. One side is an ashey blonde toned twisty eyebrow pencil and the other side is a felt tip form of the same colour. I use the felt tip side as I love how it makes my eyebrows look and I find its the quickest way. This product stays put all day and won't budge once dried.

When I picked up the primer from SEVENTEEN I also saw the Doll'dUP mascara, I was around £6.00 I think. I thought the packaging was so cute and I saw the brush and I just knew it was going to be a good mascara. I prefer plastic wands as I find they grab onto my lashes better and give a better effect overall. I have been using this mascara everyday since. It hasn't dried up, flaked or transferred onto the skin under my eyes making me look like a panda. They hold a curl in my lashes and make them so long and fluttery. I will definitely buy this again after.

I needed a new eyeliner so I bought the Maybelline Master Smokey shadow pencil in smokey black. I can't remember how much this was but I reckon it was under a fiver. I think you can use this all over the lid as well as using it as an eyeliner but I haven't tried that yet. This is a great eyeliner, it comes with a smudger so you can smudge out the eyeliner and it stays put all day. It didn't blow me away but it is great if your on a budget.

I was looking for a new foundation so I bought the Maybelline FIT Me foundation in 220. I bought this because its yellow toned and pink toned foundations don't look right with my fake tan. Its a really nice foundation, it goes on smoothly and gives a dewy finish. The only down about it as that it doesn't stay put for very long which annoys me as its really nice. It covers up redness and makes my complexion look even.With a primer underneath it stays put so I'd recommend using this foundation with primer underneath. 

I also bought the LO'real glam bronze bronzer when the boots 3 for 2 offer was on. I picked it up because it looked as though it was matte but when I saw it in the light it has little specks of shimmer. I used this to contour my cheeks and I don't look like a glitter ball haha. It looks really natural and its a lovely bronze colour, there is no hint of orange what so ever. This bronzer was also £7.00 so its good for the money.

I've heard so many good things about the LO'real true match foundation so I decided to try it out for myself. I had no clue which colour to pick but I ended up sticking with the colour W4 and just hoped for the best. Its actually a close match to my face when I have fake tan on. I find it looks better when applied with my fingers as the finish is more natural and has a slight glow. I've only used this once for a short time but I'm going to test it for a bit longer to see how well it stays on my skin.



I'm sorry again that I haven't posted for such a long time. I'm going to start being more consistant with my blog posts.

Love Brittany x

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Been wanting to try both foundations you picked up for a while now and the Naked 3 palette - feel like I'm the only person on the face of the earth who doesn't have it!!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing new in!

    http://labloguerapelirroja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fear of dropping my Naked palettes haunts me every time I pick one up haha! I agree about the packaging though, I think it's clunky. Also, I must try the MUA blushers...going on my shopping list right about now.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Naked 3 palette is so lovely but the shades just don't suit me. I have the Naked 2 palette though and it is fantastic. I absolutely love it! Shame that you dropped your Naked 3 palette though! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naked 3 palette looks gorgeous, will have to pick it up on pay-day hopefully! I had a dream I dropped my other NAKED palette...thank god it was just a dream! Lovely post xxxx

    http://amorofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete